Just a child of God following the lit path of the journey laid before me. The upcoming part of my journey will be in Cape Town, South Africa. For 10 weeks, I will volunteer with Living Hope, an HIV/AIDS organization, as a Life Skills Educator in the Capricorn township.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Time for Everything

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to med, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything. I have said before that this time that I’ve experienced my South Africa journey could not have been a more “perfect” time. God so intricately used my past experiences and growth to mold and shape me into this place where I was ready and open for these past 10 weeks. I know there is a season for everything just as the writer of Ecclesiastes so poignantly states. The problem I am in is that I do not see my season of time being up here. Usually, in the past, when I’ve gone away to a new place for different reasons, toward the ends of my time I realize that my season is up there and am ready to return home. Now, there are huge parts of me that are ready to return home and ready to hug necks and share life with my family, friends, and friends who are family back in the States. But, with that being said, I do not feel like my season of time is up here yet. It is especially hard when I look towards my future and see myself being busy with graduate school for the next 3 years and realize that it could possibly be 3 years before I return for an extended period of time to the place that stole my heart. But, in all of this, I am realizing the importance of trust and patience. I am realizing that though my physical amount of time may be up here for now, the season of my life in which this place has had and will continue to have is not over. I must remain faithful, patient, and trust the inner voice within as I continue to figure out what this season of my life means for the days, weeks, months, and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment